Click here to watch the meeting video:
Click here to see the NAACP PC October Meeting- Chat Log
- Updates and Open discussion on health-related topics (mental health, vaccinations, Covid, etc) and your Questions w.r.t. schools with MCPS Chief Medical Officer
- Summary of Anti-Racist Audit findings, recommendations, and discuss opportunities to participate in Implementation Plans
- Understand what the alarming recent Evidence of Learning data means for Black and Brown students, and what you can advocate for at your school to address. Read the report EOL EOY Perform Data Rpt 220922
- 6:00pm Health Updates + Q&A – Ask the Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Patricia Kapunan, MCPS
- 6:25 pm Welcome and Introductions
- 6:30 pm MCPS Anti-Racist Audit Results & Plans, Mr. John Landesman & Dr. Anthony Alston, MCPS
- 6:50 pm Unpacking the Evidence of Learning’ Report, Dr Kecia Addison & Nikki Hazel, MCPS
- 7:15 pm Engaging Your School Improvement Planning team, Ms. Diane Morris, MCPS
- 7:25 pm Parents’ Council Rep Breakout Discussions, All by School Level
- 7:55 pm Breakout Group Readouts, All
- PC Reps should have met with their school Administration. If you have not, please schedule ASAP.
- Request the parent contact information if you have not already received. The MCPS/NAACP MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) authorizes Parents’ Council Reps to receive this list to facilitate school community engagement. ** The MOU also restricts use of parent contact information ONLY for purposes of NAACP Parents’ Council business**
- Request to discuss the School Improvement Plan (SIP)
- Request to discuss your specific schools Evidence of Learning data relative to the district-wide data (here is a link to the report EOL EOY Perform Data Rpt 220922.
- ACTION: Please review in advance of the meeting and come prepared on October 19th to discuss challenges, needs, and recommendations for improvement of Recovery of Disrupted Learning for our students that are struggling.
- Share with your community the flyer on the 7PM, October 13th Board of Education Candidate virtual Forum which the Parents’ Council is co-sponsoring.
- Click here for the flyer